Monday, June 1, 2009

Mercy's Musings.......


Do you remember the rose bush I told you about, the one some friends gave us after Joel went to live with Jesus and last year I told you that it bloomed and only had "two" buds and then two roses on it. It is a beautiful orange, and unusual color. During the winter it had dwindled down to really a nub and I did not know if it would thrive again or not. Well, it is on the small side but would you believe this year it had only "two" buds again?? Somehow one got broken off, and now the other one has opened and has a sweet beauty about it. I guess perspectives can be drawn from both sides of having one in bloom here or having one in bloom there.....God's ways are sometimes a mystery yet the mystery draws us to a profound rest when we can abide in His truths.

I have to write these down.....Over the weekend Mercy was out playing one evening and she was barefoot and got a very tiny cut on the bottom of her foot, but she is our "Miss Drama Queen" and she had a difficult time with her injury. Prior to this I had gotten a solar light for Joel's place at the cememtary and after the foot injury we wanted to go up and look at it as the evening would give us a look a the light shinning. As we walked Mercy said she did not want to go to the Dr. and I assured her she did not have to. She said she wanted to go see "Balley's light." I carried her the whole way. When we were walking back she was still wimpering and I prayed for her as we walked and told her Jesus would help her. She said, "I want Jesus to drive up and fix my foot cuz its broke." Keep in mind this is with a sweet 3 year old voice that delights your heart!! Later that evening she stood up and said, "look my foot is bedder!!" Here's one more....as we were laying in bed, Mercy and I, and Hosie was on the floor cleaning their dollhouse we started talking about the much needed bunk beds for the girls room and I said we have to pray and ask the Lord. Hosie said she was going to get hers first and of course Mercy was not excited about that sequence and wanted hers "furst." The small talk battle lasted momentarily and I said we just have to pray. Mercy decided to commense with strong prayers and this is her plead, " Please God please forget the bunkbed! Please God please forget the covers! Please God please, forget the horsey pillow!!" I trust the Lord interpreted her desires that it should have been "don't forget!!" I am so thankful for another little three year old!

This morning I read this along with my scripture reading. The Lord continues to bring truth to keep my heart and mind on "top" of the trial.....

The evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen. 1:5

Was it so even in the beginning? Did light and darkness divide the realm of time in the fiirst day? Then little wonder is it if I have also changes in my circumstances from the sunshine of prosperity to the midnight of adversity. It will not always be the blaze of the noon even in my soul concerns, I must expect at seasons to mourn the absence of my former joys, and seek my Beloved in the night. Nor am I alone in this, for all the Lord's beloved ones have had to sing the mingled song of judgement and mercy, of trial and deliverance, of mourning and of delight. It is one of the arrangements of Divine providence that day and night sahll not cease either in the spiritual or natural creation till we reach the land of which it is written, "there shall be no night there." What out heavenly Father ordains is wise and good.

What, then, my soul, is it best for thee to do? Learn first to be content with this divine order, and be willing, with Job to recieve evil form the hand of the Lord as well as good. Study next, to make the outgoings of the morning and eveings to rejoice. Praise the Lord for the sun of joy when it rises, and for the gloom of evening as it falls. There is beauty both in sunrise and sunset, sing of it, and glorify the Lord. Like the nightingale, pour forth thy notes at all hours. Believe that the night is as useful as the day. The dews of grace fall heavily in the night of sorrow. The stars of promise shine forth gloriously amid the darkness of grief. Continue thy service under all changes. Every hour has its duty........

(Morning and Evening, Charles Spurgeon)

May the Lord use those words to encourage others as well!!

The guys are doing the concrete pour in the blocks today at the Allergy Lab....a big, big job!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Cindy,

I just found your blog from Ian's. So nice to meet you.

I just watched your precious Joel's slide show. What a beautiful little boy.

I'm so sorry about your loss.

I have a close friend who also lost a son to NB. My son is a brain tumor survior.

Thanks for sharing this awesome devotional today. I love reading Spurgeon's works.

Your family is just beautiful.

I'll be back!

Blessings to you,

Susan

Teena said...

I love hearing our littles talk. Thank you for sharing about Mercy. So precious and sweet.

Thank you for the devotional too...

I love coming and reading... praying always for you.

Janet said...

I agree with Teena. Tiny ones chattering is precious and they are so HONEST and so sincere! Bless her little heart, and I am glad her foot is "bedder" - will also put a bunk bed on my prayer list for the girls!!
What a beautiful rose! Very special!

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

What a wonderful passage from Spurgeon. Thank you so much for sharing. I haven't visited your blog in a while but have been thinking of you lately as we just lost a baby Joel here in Bolivia. And then today's post was so perfect for me! May His "grace fall heavily" on us today!

Mountain Mama said...

Oh! I just love that sweet little Mercy. She is adorable!!

What a beautiful rose - whatever the meaning it has. It HAS meaning!

blessings,
ashley