Tuesday, February 16, 2010

couples valentines party pictures.....







Anna, Hosanna, Kris (Kate's sister), Danielle and Bethany

















Thank the Lord first for the opportunity to have all these wonderful couples at our house to give them a "night out" and serve them. I hope they were blessed, filled with food and desserts and not too "embarrassed" and enjoyed some crazy games!!! We had 4 tables for the couples and had two couples at each, and then we had two other tables for our family also with Jordan, Danielle and Kris, Kate's sister. Hosie and Josiah helped decorate the tables yesterday morning, placing all the plates, napkins, forks and glasses. I was able to borrow glasses, pitchers and a few table clothes and some other items which was very helpful! Surprisingly I had 33 white dinner plates. Our menu was simple, a salad, spaghetti (Anna's homemade sauce) and we made "love knot" rolls. I had little butter splat molds of hearts on the table. Oh, we had raspberry tea as well. I had assigned servers to the couples tables and it all went well. Only one plate of spaghetti slid off, but it was on the bar and not in someone's lap:) Anna made most all the desserts, I made the sugar cookies and there was so much left over!! While folks were eating their desserts, Caleb and Daniel played some after dinner music on their violin & viola. Terry shared briefly and then I had some gifts for the couples. The first gift was for the newest, newlyweds. Matt and LouCinda married just 5 weeks got the "his/her" box that I advised to open when they got home, but Matt being brave pulled "his" only out and we got a laugh. I'll just leave that there!!!!! On to the other couples gifts, I had the wives draw a number and they received the gift with the corresponding number. They were all "safe" gifts!!! Next we played some games! "Catch my Heart," was one that I had the conversation hearts in two bowls and two couples sat across from each other and in 30 seconds they had to see how many hearts they could pick up with chop sticks. I had seen this idea on-line and use other items for different themed parties and also my blog friend Teena did it with Legos at her party! We did the hoola-hoop game again, signifying the ring as the wedding ring and it is never ending love. It was girls against the guys, we each won at that. The funniest was "Blow Me A Kiss." Everybody got some bubble gum and I had the couples sit across from each other on a bench and we had to see who could blow the biggest bubble and then hook their bubbles together. We had quite a few husbands with mustaches, so gum and busted bubbles did not make a pretty picture!!!! The last game was "You Got Me Wrapped Around Your Finger." The wives and some of the younger folks did this too with their brothers, they each had a roll of the party streamers stuff and they had to wrap them in it. The neatest and quickest was the winner. The guys all looked "mummyfied!!" That about covers the party. It was alot of fun getting it together. Anna and Danielle helped alot. Bethany, bless her heart was out in the barn assisting in goat births most of the day and transporting some to the vet but she did make it to the party. Our family is blessed to have this space to be able to host others and share what He has given us!!! Maybe this will be an annual "event!!" You can click on the couples and see them BIG if you like!!!!! :)

Today is my mothers birthday. I wrote a post about her last year. I am blessed to have had for my mother. Her life was a beautiful picture of "giving."

10 comments:

j said...

Wow, what at party Cindy. I have been waiting for these pics! :) You are like the party gal! You did great and all your little helpers did too. Looks like a lot of fun....... I saw you wrote it was your moms bday and you said you wrote on her last year so I looked it up and learned more about you. I never knew you were adopted. She seemed special. Well have a great day. Blessings.

Jessica

Cheryl said...

It was a blast Cindy!!! Thanks for the invite and ALL of the time you and your family put into the special night!!!
Cheryl

kjvbaptist said...

ok.....ya'll put on the best parties and best DECORATED for sure.

Mountain Mama said...

Oh So Fun! Looks like it was a very special evening for all of the couples. I am sure they were blessed. You are so creative!

Janet said...

Oh what fun! Another fabulous party to add to your ever growing list! Wish we lived close enough to pop in for a visit!
Sending hugs from an overcast, and rainy Johannesburg SA.

Anonymous said...

I think Terry needs to SHAVE!!!!!!

Teena said...

LOVE the pics! YOU always inspire us!! Thanks for posting the pics it looks like such a great time.

YOU so encourage me.

Hugs,
Teena

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun...! I enjoyed watching the pictures... very nice. =)

Anonymous said...

gourgeos sooooooooooooooo fun. i went to a resteraunt but it was not nice as couples were very booboo around us (Chad and me). the kids [Sharlet (12), Izibel (9), Cloey (4), Soffee (3) and Emilii (1) were taken care of by a naighbor Winnie Lou and Pat :)

huin said...

Wow! Amazing photos! I love all of these and you know Red is my favorite color, so I am really glad having such a beautiful ideas of this colored decoration. I hope it will be perfect for my events, mostly occurred in Houston Venues.