Wednesday, November 4, 2009

bread in Egypt.....

When you think of Egypt in the scriptures, in the Old Testament and if you were an Israelite, it likely holds bad memories. It was to them a place of bondage, difficulties, trials, sufferings and they often cried out to God, "have you brought us here to kill us?" I read a verse this morning that told me that Egypt can through God's providence be a place of great treasure. There are treasures to be found in our trials, our sufferings, those dark places that become our lot. But one must seek for them, look for them just as Joseph's brothers had to "go there," to Egypt to get what they needed to live. It says "but in all the land of Egypt there was bread," Gen. 41:54. We do not like to think that we can "receive" from such a place or a trial, but it may very well be the place where we will grow more, learn more of our great God. In this trial with Joel, I will have to say that I feel like I have eaten of that bread, I have found some treasures, bread in our Egypt and it has filled my spirit even though my soul, my emotions many times still hungers for Joel. I would not have chosen to come to Egypt but I have to trust that if that is the place I will be benefited from and will find treasures that I would not have known, I must say as Jacob, "get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; that we may live and not die." And may it be too that we will receive treasures as they did, "and Joseph opened all the storehouses." I was so blessed by this verse in 43:23, and he said , peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks..... I have been to Egypt, a trial, in suffering, yet my God hath given me a treasure in my sack.........Him, his words of Life, Hope, learning about His person and so much more. But I had to go to Egypt to get it.........

Today is "working Wednesday," it works so well to get it all done in one day and not have to keep asking if so and so did their job on this day or that day. I know many have their own little routines and you have to work a system for your own family and this certainly works good for us! each person has jobs they do, its more than just straightening, I have people cleaning baseboards, ceiling fans, wiping places in the unknown lands and more. I am thankful for all my helpers!!!

The guys are working so hard lately, trying to get several jobs done at once. It sure is a blessing of having jobs streaming in!

Oh, I thought I better do a Dave and Kate update. They came for dinner last night and we see them often, but I guess Dave is "acting" calm so I do not have any big news!! :) Kate is growing beautifully. She has a tiny round ball of a tummy and is due in about 4-5 weeks. She is using the same mid-wife that we have used for some of ours, she's great:) We can hardly wait for baby "Mavie." Last night Dave gave us a demonstration of the "G" diaper they will be using on their baby, how you fold it, close it and then the dreadful "getting it out!!"

Keep Silas' family in your prayers, on Thursday they will have a celebration of his life.











1 comment:

Teena said...

Cindy, thank you so much for your words. I too, believe it is through the refining and hard places that He molds me into His image.... I do not understand at times.... and I struggle at times but He is with me.

I so appreciate your words, your blog and allowing us to share in your life.

Praying for Silas' family too.

Hugs,
Teena