Thursday, February 5, 2009

We Have A Volunteer Fireman Now !




The game is still on....see post below!!!! You all are doing sooooo good with captions!!! It is going to be very difficult. Winner announced on Friday at noon, central time, are your lips smacking for Anna's yummy Toffee Bars? Hey, you can watch the movie and enjoy a dessert!!

Elijah(18) has volunteered for our local fire department here. Last night he went to another meeting and he received his gear, coat, helmet, pants, boots, gloves and all! He has more training meetings but if he gets a call and is available he will go out. I guess all I can think of is the movie Fireproof, hopefully it will be a smaller scale!!! Being the mom, I am a bit on edge, but don't tell Elijah. So this morning all the little ones and I went outside and did a Playmobile simulation and made "Elijah" put out a grass fire! They thought it was neat!!! Seems like when they get bigger, the prayers have to be bigger!!!! PROTECTION!!!!

Anna and I went thrift store shopping yesterday. We bought 27 items and it cost us $85 for all, so averaged a little over $3 per item.....not bad!! We only found Bethany one thing, little sad there, but Mercy and Hosanna really got some cute skirts and I even found me three skirts. Its easier now to find things since the Lord has allowed me to change sizes since exercising!!! Its going well on that but somedays I really have to "make" myself get on that treadmill!! Consistency is the key.

I have big Creative memory plans today, I have 248 pictures to put in Josiah's book! Friday evening we are having the Gellenbeck family coming over so Anna needs to get a dessert going for that today as well.

Its going to be warm today.......I hope I can keep inside and scrapbook :) Look forward to announcing a winner Friday. Bring the captions on!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the famous question. How did you lose weight? How can you resist all of those goodies your daughter makes? My daughter loves to bake also, and it has really made it HARD to lose my baby weight since having my last one 9 months ago. How much weight have you lost? You look fantastic by the way. How about throwing some pointers to us who would LOVE to lose 20-30 pounds.
You are quite a lady Cindy.
Thanks for being an inspiration to us all! May God bless you and your family.

LJR said...

Congrats to Elijah, that sounds like a very rewarding thing to be doing. We have several volunteer fireman (father in law, cousin etc) in our family and a full time fire fighter (my cousin) its a wonderful experience and its a great way to give back. I am sure it will have its challenges for him and be so rewarding too.

I am excited to see who wins the caption contest, there are some awesome ones up and who wouldn't want candy and a movie in time for Valentine's day? You have such fun contests and I love seeing all the answers so far, they had me laughing.

I went thrift store shopping today too, but didn't fair as well. I spent a whole 99 cents on a t-shirt and 50 cents on a book! Sometimes you find great clothes and sometimes not. I will go back in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the fireman in your family. My husband has been a volunteer fireman for 28 years. I quickly recognized the Essentials of Fire Fighting in the photo. I've had to learn over the years that firefighting takes up a lot of a man or woman's time, but what a great way to give back to the community and help others in need. There is a lot of training and classes to attend but he dearly loves it, and I'm sure your young man will too. To make a long story short it just takes lots of dedication and some sleepless nights but I'm quite sure Elijah can handle it. Way to go. Congrats again.
Marie