Friday, December 5, 2008

Elijah's 18th Birthday!!






Great party, food and Anna's amazing dessert for her brother!! As I mentioned before Terry gives each one a Birthday Blessing, writes it out and reads it to them. Here is what he shared with Elijah tonight.

Dear Elijah,

It was eighteen years ago that you came into this world in the year of our Lord 1990, and you have been going strong ever since!! You are such a great blessing to me and the entire family. It is a real joy to work with you and with Caleb and Daniel. It is fun to see the gifts God has given you and how they fit in with Caleb and Dan, even if the sparks sometimes fly; the job still gets done!! You are a fine young man and it is a privilege for me to be your father. I thank the Lord for that blessing, and I pray that He will continue to work mightily in your life to make you what He wants you to be. God has given you a very generous heart(and many of your brothers and sisters are glad for that quality) and it is an inspiration to me and challenge to me as well. May the Lord fulfill His word from Hebrews 13:21 and "make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Loves, Dad


I will just add to Terry's that I am so blessed by Elijah's work ethic, he loves to work and can handle difficult challenges. He is very tender with his sisters and has the qualities of leadership and others easily follow him. He is sensitive to make things right when needed with others and the Lord, he's a fine young man and I am honored to be his Mom!!!

Happy 18th Birthday, Elijah!!

2 comments:

kjvbaptist said...

oh i get it, now that he is eighteen he can make his own decisions, like getting away from Dodge and on to bigger and better things like FORD.

Paige said...

yes that is right bigger and better things like FORD