Saturday, March 29, 2008

More Babies....


With a maa maa here and a peep peep there..... new babies are here and arriving!! 15o baby chickens yesterday arrived at the post office (125 broilers to butcher and 25 layers to add to the others) and are in brooder pens in our garage, and Bethany is picking up two Nubian baby goats at the AIRPORT this afternoon, if you can believe that!! And we have 6 baby kittens and do not forget the puppies are ready to GO!!!! If we are not careful the animals are going to be running the farm instead of humans!!! I am sure Bethany will tell all about her travels on her blog so you'll have to visit and see her pictures later. Mercy called the chickens "chicken pops." She wants to go see the "baby chickens and baby puppies alot!!" The Lord has blessed us to be able to live out here and have these memories with the children. Alot of work, but alot of fun!!!

The Lord encouraged my heart this morning as I read Ps.119:49 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. I mentioned previously that I had been making some particular requests to the Lord, as we all do, and I had read some scriptures that the Lord showed me that gave me a hope that the Lord would answer the requests. As time goes, I keep praying and I have not had them answered as of yet and I sometimes get discouraged and think and reason and lean on my own understanding and say woe is me, I guess the Lord forgot or is not going to answer. This morning my hope was renewed in the verse above and I talked with the Lord that it was his word that gave me the hope in the first place and I reminded the Lord of my requests again and ask him to remember the word(s) that he put before me pertaining to the requests. I was also blessed by some truths in a devotional by Mr. Spurgeon, Thus have true saints continued long in patient waiting without reply, not because their prayers were not vehement, nor because they were unaccepted, but because it so pleases Him who is Sovereign, and who gives according to His pleasure. But we must be careful not to take delays in prayers as denials; God's long-dated bills will be punctually honored; we must not suffer Satan to shake our confidence in the God of truth by pointing to our unanswered prayers, Unanswered prayers are not unheard. God keeps a file for our prayers-they are not blown away by the wind, they are treasured in the king's archives. Tried believer, thy Lord hath a tear bottle in which the costly drops of sacred grief are put away, and a book in which thy holy groanings are numbered. Canst thou not be content to wait a little? Will not the Lord's time be better than thy time? By and by He will comfortably appear, to thy souls joy and make thee put away the sackcloth and ashes of long waiting and put on the scarlet and fine linen of full fruition. In reality even if the Lord were to not answer my requests, he knows what is best, I want to grow to the place of being confident in that, without thinking that I am being forgotten on my requests. I want to trust the verse in Ps. 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. I am really in a win/win situation, you are too, if he answers it is for our best and if he does not answer it is for our best!! Satan loves to thwart our thoughts, our hope and our confidence in the Lord. May we know in a greater way, "greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world!!!"


I have a new plan......Since Joel went to be with the Lord, the last 14 months, I have been functioning on survival mode like with the household duties and in encouraging the children to carry out there chores, like if it gets done or not, so what. Prior to Joel's sickness we ran a pretty tight ship with chores and schedule throughout the day. The problem that I have ran into is I go from one extreme to the other.... if no body seems to be doing what there suppose to, then I tend to try to do everybody's job ( which is impossible) and the other side is I just do not remind the children of what they are suppose to do and that makes me sad because nothing is getting done. Everybody has chores that they are suppose to do everyday or on particular days of the week, but even with that plan some chores were forgotten. Sooo.... the new plan for us is on every Wednesday, we call it "Working Wednesday" we are going to not do school work on that day and we are going to do ALL the chores that everybody is suppose to do in a weeks time, that has to do with cleaning the house. We start out with Bethany having a scripture that we are going to memorize that day and then we set out to do these tasks ( I am giving only a few) dust, straighten pots and pans and plastic cabinets, iron if needed, clean showers and bathrooms, clean ceiling fans, windex appliances, windows, mirrors, vacum, straighten clothes shelves, mop floors, take trash inside and out, laundry washed folded and put away, clean grounds outside, ect. That all goes along with their chores with all the animals too. All these tasks are divided up amongst Bethany, Anna, Micah, Andrew, Josh, Jeremiah, Hosanna, and Josiah. (the people that are here) It worked so well, when the guys got home it was a smooth ship, we had supper ready and even had candles burning!!! They commented that all was nice and clean, especially Elijah, he would like it to be like that everyday, but I quickly told him this is a Wednesday thing and for the rest of the days we will be in a different gear. I was so grateful to get it all done, know its done and the children did a great job!!!! "If mama is happy, then everbody is happy."


If the Lord brings it to your mind, will you pray for a burden we have with the hospital, there are unresolved issues that need to be dealt with. Terry is pursuing different avenues and we just need help from the Lord of what to do and how to do and if to do. My prayer has been that the Lord would be the "righteous judge of the earth for our situation." I know many of you all probably heard of the young man 21, of OK, that was declared braindead Nov.19, he had no blood flow either. I do not know if that cold be a defense to our situation or not, but here you have a man that the medical field has said is dead and now he is walking and talking. I know God has different plans for different ones and I do not doubt God's plan for Joel, one of the issues is that the Dr's removed their care for Joel, they did not feed him for a certain amount of days, they did not seek to further care for him, because they said he was dead, they said Mr. Dunlap was dead too. The point being they should have cared for a patient in a hospital. I do know that if the Lord will see fit to vindicate his truth with our situation or not but it will be vindicated in eternity. We just want what God wants for now. We do not have any bitterness or anger we just want to do what the Lord wants us to do and know that we did all we were suppose to do. Thanks for your prayers in that area.


May the Lord bless you with a good weekend and peaceful Lord's day!!


Cindy


2 comments:

The Lockwood Family ♥ said...

I will add the request about the hospital to my list. I did not know you were all still working out things with them.
I too often remind myself that the Lord is Righteous. I always thought that righteous meant without sin or pure and right; and though it includes those things, it simply means just, fair. God is always just. It is hard for me so often to keep from wanting to deal with things myself. I always remind myself that God sees all, knows all, and is righteous.
It sounds like you have a good plan for chores :) We do something very similiar. With homeschooling and so many little ones, we just "maintain" and do very basic things during the weekdays (such as make beds, wash dishes and laundry, sweep and pick up, empty trash ect...). On Saturday, we get up extra early for a "special breakfast" (usually corn flakes and milk...something they don't usually get to eat), have family Bible time, and get to work! :) The "men folk" work outside (cleaning yards, vans, working on various projects ect...) and the girls and I do housework all day. The boys too strip their beds so I can wash them and then they come in and make them and organize their backpacks and drawers. Then we have a late lunch before it is time to go clean the church and go invite people to come. The children love Saturdays because they get to be with Daddy all day too. :) It makes Sundays easier too since all the house work is done.
Have a blessed weekend in the Lord!
love,
Jaynee

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Guinever's blog and wanted to let you know your blog is such a blessing. Its an answer to a prayer. From time to time I suffer from depression. With the words of truth from the Bible I am fighting it and some weeks are better than others. Last week was a bad week. As my husband says I choose not to listen to the truth. All I was doing was thinking about last year and how great it was. I had a job I loved that payed well. Life was great until I my job got downsized. God blessed me with a new job in only two weeks but there was a $6,000 yearly pay cut. That was 4 months ago and now I struggle learning my new job and the fact I don't love it like I did the last one. I try and remember that God is answering my prayer I pray to do his will not mine but when I am at my desk at work it is hard to stay faithful with a cheerful heart. If I don't think about the past I think about what I want. My husband and I have been married for 2 years and we really want kids. For 1 1/2 years I have been praying for our future kids and for God to show us the right time. God has yet to answer our prayer so we keep waiting for God's blessing to start a family. I read your blog about focusing on the present. That was the answer to my prayer. Instead of looking at the past or the future I every day thank God for my two cats and my ability to support my husband while he starts a new venture. He left his salary job to a job that temporarily has no pay until he brings in enough billing hours to support his pay. His new job is such a blessing. He is now doing what he is passionate about and I am learning to trust the Lord with our finances because our monthly income has decreased $2,058. So once again thank you and my family is praying about the hospital.