Sunday, February 24, 2008

God's Formula


Believing what the scripture teaches about the Sovereignity of God is very comforting. It is a rock that you can stand on in the midst of the storms that are raging around you. Trusting in God's Sovereignity, that He is in control of all things does not exempt you from the great accuser, Satan who torments your mind with twisted ideas. Was that not why he was thrown out to start with because he wanted control? He knows he is doomed so he is seeking to gain ground and make us weak in what we believe is the truth. If he can get us to think about "if you had known sooner, or you should have done this or that, but he was cut short of life." He lies to us about the character of God and says "how could a loving God do that?" He brings accusations against God to our mind. Even though I am finding rest and the Lord continues to give me comfort of Joel's short little life, I still have battles with the accuser. I read a scripture this morning and the message it brought to my heart was so very real and comforting. Ezekiel 1:1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. You might wonder how this scripture could be so comforting, but look it has a year, a month, a day and it came to pass. It said to me that God is caring out his plans in a time frame to the minutest detail. I cannot take Joel's 3 years, 4 months, and 10 days and think it could have been more or less. The numbers cannot be changed by "if's," "ands," or "buts." God's purposed it and fulfilled it according to his plan. I guess I see it as God's Formula..... 3 years + 4 months +10 days = God's will. I am so thankful that the Lord is so kind to understand a mommys heart to keep giving me comfort that all his works are right and perfect.Trusting in God's Sovereignity does not diminish the pain and tears, but gives me a focus point in the midst. Just like we enjoy to know within our own families how much we are loved by others through their words and actions, I receive this scripture as just that from the Lord. That he still cares and knows the battle in my mind and has once again showed me through his word that I can rest assured that He is the Sovereign God and that his will was done in Joel's life of 3 years, 4 months and 10 days! Praise the Lord!


Hope your Lord's day was restful and peacful. Hosanna made me smile in a little conversation we had about her runny nose. She was blowing her nose and I said to her, "I am sorry." She said, "you didn't make it," (run that is) "I just have to blow it." She said it so pitifully towards me like its okay mom, it not your fault. Their thinking is just so innocent and sincere much of the time. Again, Mercy is full steam ahead, thank you for your prayers for her!


Have a great week and know that God is in control of every detail! Anna took a picture of Mercy this morning before church with her new little bangs cut. It makes her look older to me. What a precious child she is!!


Cindy

No comments: