Monday, October 20, 2008

A Question Answered.....





****
I forgot.... I wanted to mention that if you have not seen Joel's Journey and would like to, you can go to Behemoth.com with Vision Forum, and do a search for Joel's Journey, and do a download for I think $4.95 if you like!***

And it came to pass, that as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, and saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. Luke 5:1-4

Sometimes God answers our questions and sometimes he does not........but this morning as I read He answered one of my questions, (or several that I rolled in to one)..... through his word. First of all, I do not wish this trial on anyone, yet in my carnal, fleshy state, I have a question for the Lord and I guess I am thinking of all the people we know, "why do other people not have BIG trials, why us, why don't we have our little boy here with us when other families are complete and someone is missing in our family?" First the scripture showed me that we all have some things in common, but the fisherman were were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.( Luke 5:2) As believers we are all washing our nets, living life, doing the daily mundane things each day, no partiality. Another thing we have in common is His presence is with us and he is teaching us, he stood by,(v.1) and taught the people, (v.3) Now some of us he teaches on the shore, as the scripture says he thrust out, he was on the ship but the people were on the shore and others he takes them out to the "deep." Our family are the ones that "get to go" to the deep. I do not think the ones on the "shore" are not taken out to the deep because they can not handle it, nor do I think the ones that are taught in the "deep" are there because of not learning on the shore or because of sin. I think it is because His ways are past finding out and he teaches us in whatever way will bring the most glory to him. So when I start meditating about His glory and move my thoughts away from all the why's, why us, why did we have to go to the deep?" the questions are laid to rest and again I bow at his will and trust his wisdom in how he teaches us, all of us. So if your on the shore, give thanks and if your in the deep, give thanks and know that its for his glory, its about HIM!!!

I guess to give an up ate about about our weekend will be old news but it was very busy! Friday morning I went grocery shopping and got back home right after lunch, Terry and the guys arrived to load and take the first crew to the goat show. Caleb, Daniel Joshua, Jeremiah, Hosie, Siah and Mercy stayed here with me, we ate dinner and then went out on the "town." I made the comment that I do not recall having this particular group to take care of :) Our mission was to try to find Caleb and Daniel a few church shirts and maybe pants, they have to be loooong!! We went to two stores and had some success and found a couple of work shirts too, but no pants. We had to bribe the little ones to "do good in the stores" and Caleb and Daniel wanted to treat us too, to ice-cream. We ended up going to an ice cream shop called "Molly Moos," a cone cost a little over $5, I am glad they paid!! We were hoping to make it to Bass Pro as well but, they closed before we could get there. We did not get back home until about 10:30pm. When we got home I still had to make sandwiches and get a few more things ready for the show on Sat. morning. Caleb and Daniel stayed home on Saturday and the 5 little ones and I drove to the goat show and hour and half away. Bethany only placed 6th with her new buck, not great! We all got home around 5pm, worked outside some, had dinner,made preparations for Sunday. On Sunday morning Mercy acted like she did not feel well, so I stayed home with her and the rest went to church, it was a travel day for us this Sunday, 1 hour and 45 minutes. Sunday evening we had our Doctrine night with another family. It went really well and we might have another family interested as well. The children played for about 45 minutes and got a volley ball game in, then Terry had the teaching time and then we had our snacks and finger food. I am looking forward to the weeks ahead as we have opportunity to "equip the saints," and to hear these truths for our own hearts again.

Now for this week, maybe normal??? The guys are working near, so thats good!

Yesterday....a memory.....on the 19th it was Joel's 3rd fever.......I know I sound like a broken record, but how else does a broken heart sound......I am living on the rock of the scriptures, but I am living with the pain too, I am receiving grace but I miss him soooo much!!

Cindy

1 comment:

LJR said...

Funny you should mention the upload. I just watched my dvd copy of Joel's Journey a few nights ago. I cried, AGAIN! I have watched it several times and consider it one of most prized dvds. I have shared with friends and sent friends the info on how to buy. Its so beautiful.