Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The 23rd.....



15 Months Ago....


15 months ago...
Seems like eternity, you know


15 months ago, I saw you take your last breath
I have to trust God knows best


That day, I held you close to my heart
Just like I did at birth, from the start


Your little body endured so much
So many lives your story has touched


I keep trying to see the sunshine in the rain
But my life, my heart will never be the same


As I look at "Siah" your twin
I see you by his side, memories from the begin


I like to ponder adventures you would make
Sometimes a silent smile, cause' I know Siah you would take


Words can not express how much I miss you
Bottles of tears are not a few


I will always have you in my heart
Until this world I also part


Then, in my arms you will be
With the Lord too, for all eternity


I miss you Joel!!

The 23rd, seems to always bring a sense of numbness to my heart, as I reflect the day and all of what we were doing. You , Joel were surrounded with your family, we were right by you as you took your flight. I am remembering today as everyday....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. the 23rd is a difficult day for you, probably each month. the Lord speaks to us so well in the 23rd Psalm. hope this helps you a little. bless you, Ellen