Monday, December 7, 2009

icing recipe...

The cookie icing is nothing major. It is powdered sugar and milk and a tad of vanilla or almond extract. I use the Wilton coloring which makes the color a richer color than food coloring. I did not measure what I used but maybe about 4 cups powdered sugar and add enough milk to make it where it is not too thick then choose your color and add to desired tint. What I did was dip the cookie top down in the icing and let it drip off, layed it on the cookie sheet and about 45 seconds I sprinkled the coarse sugar (I got at a bakery supply) at the bottom of the mitten and then all over the snowflake. I did not add a tint to the snowflake icing. Then I made some real thick icing and put it in a pastry bag and dotted the mittens and striped them. It is that simple! Just dip the cookie instead of brushing it on and you will probably get the slick, smooth look.

Thank you for your kind comments about the icing!!!! It was really not that big of a deal. You can do it too!!!!!!!







3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks!

Gottjoy! said...

Oh, I have been catching up with your posts. Those sugar cookies look yummy. I believe your tip on dipping the cookies is what makes a difference. Makes me want to get in the baking mood, so the girls and I may do that this weekend.

And happy belated born-again birthday. It will be 31 years for me next August. Wow! I still feel like I am a child in my faith...especially lately. I'm so glad we will be in Heaven together worshipping our King!
Hugs....

Amy said...

We made some yesterday and posted a picture of them today. Thanks againg for the info regarding the icing!