Friday, May 8, 2009

Living Room Tour


I thought I would go ahead and participate in the Living Room Tour Kelly is doing as it was alot of fun last week checking out kitchens. Our home is only 18oo square feet and thankfully the Living Room is a nice size to enjoy the family. The Lord has blessed us with 13 children and as you can see the floors are very used!!

Looking in from the kitchen, do you see "Duffy" on the back of the couch? His favorite place!!

We are blessed with alot of musicians in our family. We have a piano, not a TV:) The curio cabinet is very special, it has Willow Tree figurines in it that have been given to me in remembrance of Joel ( you can read his story on the side) and I buy one on Josiah's birthday, Joel's twin so he can open it for Joel. The tractor on the bottom was his 3rd BD gift and last. It is a special place that I enjoy and allows me to remember Joel daily!

This buffet Terry and I got at an auction and I enjoy the way folks use to make furniture out of solid oak wood. It has alot of pictures on it too!! I guess you can tell Anna, one of my daughters likes photography and I get to frame them!!

Introducing another friend, "Dooley!!" He and Duffy are something else! 14 people and two doggies..... This is the front door!!

Looking in from the front door. we try to use the wood stove for the winter only! Do you see the big pot by the stove, its was my mom's canner and I still use it to can our green beans. I am so glad for the vaulted ceiling, it helps the room feel bigger. I guess you can tell we love books and I love doing Creative Memories, all the colored albums on the bottom right shelf, 23 in all, keeps me busy!!!

Thanks for stopping by.....

8 comments:

3LittleByrds said...

Love the buffet and your sweet dogs.

Heather said...

Your living room is so pretty, you did a great job decorating!

Jessica said...

The buffet is beautiful. I also love all of the books and the fireplace hearth.

Anonymous said...

you have a lovely home! and your story of your son touch me. thanks for sharing your home with us in blogland.

Mountain Mama said...

Beautiful!

Would you mind if all of us came and sat by the fire with all of you? Oh fun!

Denise said...

love the piano, very similar to mine. and your little dog is so cute! i can tell you live in a house full of love. thanks for sharing.

The Busy Blaine's said...

LOVE your living room!! Thanks for sharing your testimony and your sons story. I can't wait to follow your blog. Thanks for stopping by ours!!

Kelley said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments.

Okay...WOW!...I can hardly wait to read more of your blog and learn about your wonderful family.

Your living room is great...so warm, inviting and cozy. I can see you all around that piano having a great time.