Thursday, November 20, 2008

Passing It On....

****Commercial***** Bethany now has the button on the side to order the Goat Soap, she has been ever so busy and has now been successful at getting it all together, so check it out!!!



I have been reading the story of Joseph and what riches and treasures there are in this story. Its a true story of family, vision, fruitfulness, adversity, faith, provision, patriarchs of faith that have a generational vision, great, great grandfathers, great grandfathers, grandfathers all seeking to pass on the faith to their sons, what a tender picture....I can envision it, I can see Terry here, young, children at his knees, a little Joel and Josiah, all of our children small at one time, and here we are parents training them and guiding them, yet now I see things a little different, I see that what Joseph has experienced is what I long for them and pray for them, the greatest thing that I could desire for our children is faith and that it be passed on until the appearing of Jesus Christ. Gen. 48:12, And Joseph brought them out from between his knees, and he bowed himself with his face to the earth. What do we deem as success for our children? a college degree, a great job, even health? Here is a father bowing before the children's grandfather and wanting a blessing. This blessing is what would be deemed as success for our children, 48:15-16, And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Issac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day, The Angel which redeemed me from evil, bless these lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth. What a responsibility and accountability a father has, for Joseph to say " let my name be upon them and the grandfathers name that were before him be upon the children. This is applicable to us mommy's too. What kind of name do we have, is the very person that we demonstrate before them a worthy one, one of faith, love, forgiveness. Can we bless them with our own name, who we are in the faith? I guess as I was reading this it gave me a greater vision and longing and makes me pray more fervently for the generations of faith to be passed on and that is true success in this world and in the world to come. We, parents are such a pillar in our children's lives, how we live, how we face adversity, how grateful are we for the little we have or the abundance, how we "show" Christ to them. May the Lord have mercy as we strive to have a name that is worthy to bless our children with.

We did find something to do last night....Bass Pro if all else fails! They had things that the children could do free, Red Rider Laser shooting, Remote Control car driving, videos to watch, coloring and if you wanted getting your picture with Santa for free (whoopie for that one) We had to top the night off with some Blue Bell! Now we have today and tomorrow to figure out and
then we'll be entertained again by our "men."

Better go and "try" to do something.....like school!!!

Cindy

1 comment:

Laura said...

We're thinking of naming our next baby (due New Year's Day) Joseph. :)

Oh, and we LOVE Blue Bell. That stuff is addicting! Our Kroger had it on sale for $2.98 a few weeks ago, so we stocked up. :)