Friday, September 19, 2008

A Gift in Honor of Joel.....


Last week for Joel's birthday, Terry's folks, his mom, sent me a card and Joel's birthday money and said I could get something with it......I knew exactly what I wanted to get in his honor and memory, this sterling silver, Reunion Heart Necklace. I saw it about a year ago, but never did get it, now its even more special as its in honor of his 5th birthday. It has a little poem inside the gift box which reads;

Since heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel I'm so alone;
ans though we now are far apart
you hold a big piece of my heart
I never knew how much I'd grieve
when it was time for you to leave
or just how much my heart would ache
from one fragment you would take
God let this tender hole remain
reminding me we'll meet again
and one day all the pain will cease
when He restores this missing piece
He'll turn to joy my every tear
and when I wear this necklace near
it will become my simple way
to treasure our Reunion Day.


There is just something about grocery day and lots of tears........

Getting ready for the Boer show tomorrow. Terry took a load of em' down to wash and groom the goats and I am here with Caleb and Daniel and the littles. I guess we'll fix something for dinner and make preparations for tomorrow and I need to get lunch for Sunday church, and I think some coffee and a camp fire is calling later this evening!!!!!

Please pray for the little 3 year old Cole, I mentioned about him several weeks ago, this morning he got to meet Jesus......and Joel. His parents are in the mid twenties, so very young for so much pain. A long journey ahead and one they will never get over.....
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/coleruotsala

Terry said there were sooooo many Boer goats, I would not be surprised if there are 30, 40 50 in the classes. Going to be tough!! I will report tomorrow late. It will be great to be winners, but its also wonderful to be together and I am grateful that Bethany has this interest, and she demonstrates much character in the goat endeavors she is pouring herself into! She and Andrew are WINNERS!!!!!

Happy Friday!!

Cindy



2 comments:

creative gal said...

How very special. Your story is an amazing testimony!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,
I would be interested in knowing where you got that heart necklace. I never got anything special after my husband died because I never found anything. But that one spoke to me, just as it did to you.

Hugs,
Marie