Friday, May 2, 2008

My Expection Is From Him....









"Paps" is here......now the fun begins!!!!! They took a look around, hoed the potatoes, played some games and we had supper, Poppy Seed Chicken over Wild Rice, a huge garden salad and Parsley Potatoes. We could not get him to eat some fresh broccoli, he said it looked like "weeds." Anna made a Chocalate Decadant Pie.....yummy!!! Later we were all outside and the weather was stirring up with thunder, then rain and then the HAIL started, first it was pea size then nickle and close to quarter size. The children were out in it, getting "pinged" on the head! As best as I can remember it has rained most times he has visited. They played some more games, listened to the weather awhile and then we wrapped the night up.

I asked the Lord a question this morning before I read my Bible. I asked him "what should I expect with my situation, should I expect to recieve another blessing or is it all over?" (since my body seems not working normally) I read a scripture in Ps. 62:5, My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expection is from him. Well, that was not the black and white answer I wanted but many and most times his answers lead to trust instead of instant results. Once again, the Lord brings my heart before his throne to simply trust in him and my answer is always found in Him. Like I told Terry, I could be ok with not having another baby, but why can't my body just work right. And really if it was working right and if in the days to come there are more neagative tests, I would still be in the same place of wondering about His plan. At least I am beginning to see that though circumstances carry us to places that I prefer not to be, it is ultimately the Lord that brings fullfilment and a peace that comes from knowing we are trusting and resting in his plans. The other scripture I read is one that needs to be worked in me, Ps.92:4 For thou, Lord hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. I really need this in my heart, to be glad and to triumph( over all the discouraging thoughts that I sometimes have) with the works that the Lord is doing. This walk of faith is quite the journey....growing, learning, re-learning and the end results are more glorious than we can comprehend. Still seeking to trust.....

This morning "buzzing" around getting things ready to go. They got the trailer ready, chores are done, now we are doing things inside. The guys are due to arrive around 12:30, they will grab some lunch and then they will be off. This afternoon I need to get some hamburger buns made for our BBQ sandwiches tomorrow, do some cleaning in preparations for Sunday as church will be here. We already have the meal ready and Anna is working on the dessert. I will go out and pick some lettuce for a salad, so it looks pretty good for gettng things together.

I got Josiah, Mercy and Hosanna some little lawn chairs to take to the show, Mercy has had the grandest time with hers. She opens and closes, sits and moves it all over. It was funny, when I got them home Anna said when she was little, she always wanted one of those. I said well, why didn't you ask, and she said something like, I did'nt think you would get one. I am glad God does not parent like me, I am glad he grants the desires of our hearts and blesses us with good gifts. Bethany added that she always wanted an umbrella. I felt bad for not fulfilling something so simple, but I did not know. That makes me think too, that we should always make our requests known unto the Lord, as he searches the earth looking for those with a perfect heart towards him that he might show himself strong to. I will let him know my request.......
The goat crew is off and Terry put Paps in charge of some more planting. Anna wanted some pumpkins and they also planted cucumbers, yellow squash and zucchini. Oh, remember the hopes of corn, well like I said it is only Lord willing. We got the biggest rain after the planting and the corn is in lots of different places, so it does not look too good :)

Have a great weekend...... the picture at the bottom is the results of a child left to her self. It is school stuff that we usually do not use. The first two times she pickied it up and shoved it back in, but by the third time she lost her organizing skills and left it all!!!

I love you still Joel.....
Cindy


1 comment:

Mommaof10 said...

Psalm 62:5 "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him," is a great verse. Thank you for sharing it.

May we both keep our eyes on the Lord, may we wait upon the Lord, may our expectations be His!

Laralee
http://www.PlymouthRockRanch.com
Recording the Faithfulness and Provision of God for Future Generations