Monday, May 5, 2008

The Three of Us......


We did not bring any ribbons home from the show ring at the goat show but we have "real treasures" and memories that will fill our hearts!! It is a blessing to be together and we are grateful to my dad and Shirley for their generosity in helping us out with the use of their truck!! We looked like big wigs anyway:) I drove our van up on Saturday and we had no opportunity to get lost as he had one of those GPS gadgets that he was steadily pushing buttons on and then the lady would tell you which way to turn, it displayed your speed, it shows the upcoming road and the curves that are ahead, it figures your time of arrival and how far you have to go to get there. Maybe thats a good thing for some but to me it was quite annoying. Since my my thoughts tend to go upward often, I started thinking about "my GPS," that would be the Holy Spirit and the Word! Our destination....heaven, Yep, there is gonna be alot of curves on the way, sometimes we speed up and then other times we seem like we are going nowhere, when we will arrive?.......well, for Joel his miles/years were 3 years, 4 months, and 10 days. We do not know when we will arrive, but we are certain to get there if we have the "real GPS in our hearts," the Spirit of God. The most wonderful thought is, that no matter where we travel, how hard the road is, and if it takes a long time or short, the Lord is always ahead of us! Travelin on........

Being at a place for 11 hours with small children pushes you to be prepared and so we were. We took playdough, coloring books and a little table. Worked out real well. They hardley ever get to play playdough, so it was a real treat. The excitement in their eyes with all the little plastic stuff they could squeeze and push their dough through was thrilling. It kept them going for a looong time. Mercy did really well too, she toddled around and was jabbering and of course being a show in herself! I will have to tell you the best time for me was when Josiah, Mercy and myself had ourselves a "little worship service" outside! We went on a little walk over to my dads truck, I threw them up in the back to play around and I stood over at the edge and we talked and since I was standing by this nice truck, it reminded me to pray, so I just said a prayer out loud to the Lord and asked for his provision for a truck for the guys to have for work. Mercy then proceeded to lay her head in her hands over on the wheel well and she prayed too. Then "good king Josiah" said he knew how to pray out loud, so I said, well why don't you pray for a truck for the boys. He bowed and bent over and prayed too. He stood back up and then went over again and prayed some more. I asked him if he prayed again for the truck and he shrugged his shoulders, and I said did you pray for "Balley?" He looked out towards the sky and said he was going to make something when he got home. I asked him, for Balley? He said yes. I told him that he and Joel were buddies and if he were here he would be right here in this truck playing with him. I told him I missed him and I had tears by that time, he came over gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "I miss him too." I squeezed him and said Joel Morris and Mercy says "Joel Morris" in her 2 year old voice. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matt. 18:20. For me, that was worth going....it was the three of us and He met with us. All I can say to that is Amen!!

I read a verse that gave me a picture in my mind, Ps. 125:2, As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even forever. If I am surrounded by the Lord like a mountain, then nothing can come in without his knowing or granting. Nothing can penetrate the barrier that he is not wanting. As I think about that, I am enjoying the comfort that though I am beset with trials and wonderings they have only come through the barriers by his providences and workings, so it must be for my good. And the wonderful truth too, is even as I am surrounded now, in this life, the promise holds throughout all eternity.....forever! Still seeking to trust......

Nothing big planned this week, just school, regular maintance and this could be the first Saturday as of right now that we can be home!!!! May and June are my favorite months! I like the not so hot weather but mostly all the beatiful flowers. Our rose bushes are abounding with flowers and buds. We have this one red bush that I claim smells like heaven and Jesus. How can anything ever smell better? He said He was the "Rose of Sharon." Of all the flowers, the rose is considered the prime and utmost of flowers, I know why! Josiah keeps bringing bouquets of roses and he hides them behind his back and says, "I have a prize for you." He then puts them in a "case/vase." Before Joel went through all this, I would have probably said "don't pull those off," but now they are treasures recieved from a little boy that is a twin to another little boy!

May we have confidence that we are surrounded by the Lord as mountains.....

Cindy

No comments: