Wednesday, March 30, 2011

a cake day.....

Josiah, Mercy and Jeremiah......
fun times together!

Josh and Jeremiah



Jeremiah

Its cold, damp, dreary, misty, dark here so I am inside and quite bored!!! So I am attempting to make a cheery, light, huge, yummy coffee cake!! BUT, my kitchen skills have not proved much as of late, I seem to mess things up! Anna is the baker, I am the "barker!" Always barking out orders!! haha! I told the children IF it turns out we will eat it tonight when Lucas comes for dinner and IF it does not, we will eat it NOW!! ( with coffee of course) Anyway its in the oven and I keep checking on it to see if the cake is going to explode out of the bundt pan. So far so good!! :)

The attempt of making this cake has reminded me of a scripture that I read yesterday morning, II Timothy 1:9, Who has saved us and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. I like the part there that says, "before the world began." A lot took place before the world was, before I or you were. God had/has a scheme, a purpose a plan. The plan in eternity past was for God to save sinners. He came, he died on the cross, he was resurrected and now he lives in his heaven. The Holy Spirit is alive and working to draw, convict, bring sinners unto himself, so He is calling those according to His purposes and grace to come unto Him. The saving and calling is sheer grace, nothing we can do, or work for, as it says there, not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace and all that happened in eternity past through Christ who was going to come but in the truest sense it was completed before the world began. Awwww, its just such a relief to know that salvation is nothing I do, dont do, can do, will do. but by grace alone. Its a mercy that any are saved!! I am so thankful that God did not "attempt" a plan before the world began but His purpose and grace was accomplished before the world began! Well, I just checked the cake, it is done, it did not explode, it looks beautiful in the bundt pan, but now I have to get it out of the bundt pan.....in one piece for it to be a successful attempt of baking/making a cake to know if we will eat it now or later. What a blessed thought that I don't have to "work" for salvation like this cake or I would be a sure looser, because I just dont know if its gonna be pretty when I dump it over! I am thankful that God's purposes and his grace given is not just 'dumped" out but was planned before the world began. I will humble myself and let you know on the next post! :D

We are doing some cleaning today, Anna is on for dinner. Its so funny because its really my night to cook and Lucas is coming and he always gives her a hard time about her cooking!! tomorrow I have to make myself do the cookies for Josh's bd on Saturday. He is going to get one gift on Sat, and then do his party and meal on Sunday, when I know everyone will be here. A goat show over the weekend and I dont know for sure yet if the guys are working Sat or not so that makes it hard to "party!!"

We have been watching the Little House on the Prairie series starting with seaon 1. We just began season 5 last night. I have to say, they are quite addicting. We were up til almost midnight last night. They always say,"just one more." To be honest, I wanna watch them as bad as they do!! Fun times together!

Well thats about all the news here from the "ponderosa." Hope you all have a happy Wednesday!!


















2 comments:

sarahdodson said...

Thankful with you for salvation that is not based on works, but purely God's mercy and grace. Love it!!

Little House on the Prairie IS addicting. how funny.

Hope the cake turned out ok :o)

Teena said...

God's mercy and grace... so thankful.

We love Little House too. This morning my boys were telling me about a boy at church that is bullying them. Wes said "he is meaner than Nellie." Just like she was someone we know! hahah. All of my kids have watched them... we love it.

Hugs,
Teena