Thursday, November 29, 2012

advent!

I have always thought an Advent Calendar would be fun but I have never done one with the family. I decided to this year since I thought of it before Dec 1!!! I really just came up with my own thing so to speak. I decided to get 25 red envelopes and write the numbers 1-25 on them plus i added a little twine for a decorative look and inside each one is a little paper that gives the evenings surprise in it. It could be an activity, a place to go, a craft, a small gift, and so on! I guess whoever is here in the evenings will get to participate!! Haha!! It's probably more for the 6 younger ones but the older ones will certainly enjoy most of the things listed in each envelope!!! (but most likely they won't be here in the evenings!) hopefully I can share our advent days with you!!

I think I have about everything as far as getting our home all cheer-eeeee done!!!! It is a merry place for us all to gather together! I love decorating and especially at Christmas!!

What are some of your Christmas traditions?

3 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

I have done this the last few years and the kids love it. They already asked if I was ready for it yet.

We are also starting a new tradition of one envelope for helping others, or sending cheer to others. We'll see how that goes.

Cindy

Zimms Zoo said...

We have done advent calendars several years. Some with chocolates or other kids of candies. But last year we started doing things for others each day. This year we are doing Light em up. It is an awesome idea. We brainstormed with the kids with her ideas and have it mostly ready to go. We are also using the names of God advent chain.
http://lillightomine.com/light-em-up-2012.php this is the link to the printables. you can read her story as well. pretty cool. But I really love her no-guilt mom pledge for doing the advent calendar. I always have big plans and then get side tracked. :)

Teena said...

I should of come here and read before asking you all over fb what you are doing! So sorry. Love your idea. We read an Advent story (Jotham's Journey series) during the day and do an Advent study (how they celebrate in other countries, craft etc. I like your ideas. I love the red envelops! Love your posts.

Much love