Tuesday, November 20, 2012

a hush.....

it's mostly quiet early on the farm. as I get closer to the barn, I hear "hellos!" A heavy dense fog was settled around the pasture this morning, telling me to hush! Something about a fog is mysterious to me. it "looks" weighty but you can actually pass through it quite easily. Hmmmm.... kinda like life's circumstances. It seems powerfully overwhelming at times yet grace always allows us to slip through the mysterious clouds and before long the sun breaks and they are just gone! Swallowed up! Thankful for grace, thankful for purpose in the mystery of a fog, thankful that the sun broke this morning, the hush awoke to goats and cows and doggies and kitties all with a cheery hello as I made my way back down towards the house to the now awaking peoples, fuzzy heads, froggy voices asking "what's for breakfast. I named the branch photo, "endings//beginnings! The leaves are gone now/ending. The sunrise is coming//beginning. I think I will watch the farm awake more often.....





1 comment:

Liv said...

i love foggy mornings and seeing the sun rise over the fields.