Thursday, March 29, 2012

past.....

I know I often think of heaven!! I think of what it is like, what Joel is doing. I think of the beauties, the perfection, the glories of it! All that would be things to come, eternity future. I think most of us think about the future of heaven. We think about what will be given us in the future. But have you ever though about eternity past? Do you think about the glories of it? What was?

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our own works, but according to his purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. II Tim 1:9

Eternity past!!! Alot took place back then!! Though we were not even existing yet in body form we were existing in God's mind because it says here that before the world began something was "given us." What was given us before we were? It says a purpose and grace. AND it says it was according to HIS purpose and grace. Isn't that awesome to think about? Eternity past!!!!! To think that I was on his mind and he was going to give me something even before I was born! Amazing!! Now for anyone who "thinks" they are saved by works, this verse blows up your theory....it says he saves us, calls us NOT according to our works!! He saves us according to his own purpose which is by grace, sheer grace!! Nothing we do! To think he had a plan in eternity past to deliver sinners from sin by grace alone is amazing love! And this verse says it was given us, (sinners) long before the world began. I am blessed to think how God had, has a purpose for my life before it began. What a comfort to my heart to think about this for Joel too. To think about this when we go through trials in this life, that in eternity past a purpose was given us and grace to go with it! What a good God we have!! Help us oh Lord to "like" your plans/purposes that were "given us" in Christ Jesus before the world began!! Amen!!!

The garden is growing!! Not long till spinach n lettuce will be alongside every meal at our house!! Good stuff!!

Keep praying for Sue!! She has been up in MD visiting Kristen and she told me they got quite a bit of wedding stuff done!!! Yay!! I'm looking forward to Kristen mailing me some projects to work on as well!! That's the bad thing about being apart on the planning!!! Pray for Sue during this wedding season to have grace filled energy, strength and just feel good to enjoy all the hoopla!!

Have a great Thursday!!! .....and now you can think about and bask in eternity "past!!"


our first rose to bloom.........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for writing about eternity past. For opening up that scripture for me to see in a new way. Stunning. Feeling so blessed!

Unknown said...

Thank you for writing about eternity past. For opening up that scripture for me to see in a new way. Stunning. Feeling so blessed!

~Elaini

http://misselainious.com/