Monday, October 19, 2009

a lazy day......

*** I forgot I have been wanting to mention this, Remember the Pendragon movie that Caleb and Daniel worked on composing and orchestrating the music, now they have the soundtrack available. Just for you info and if you decide to purchase one Caleb and Daniel's music would be tracks # 3, 5, 11, 15, 16, 17, and 18. You can go here and order if you like or maybe get some as gifts.*****

Surprisingly, today, a Monday is quite "lazy!" Kate came over this morning as Dave has business meetings so we get to "have" Kate for the day and they will stay on board for dinner later this evening.......the famous grilled hamburgers that we eat soooo much!! Not long and we'll be having "goat burgers." We did some school, laundry is going fast as one dryer and one washer will work and now I am helping Siah and Hosie get a tea party together with a mini loaf of bread and butter and some homemade fudge and cinnamon stick tea. At least it is warmer today, but so windy, like major!!

The bunk beds are here and have been slept in two nights. I 'll post a picture of them tomorrow as we needed to pick up some screws for the rails and the ladders. I was surprised that those tiny pieces were not included in the mammoth price!!!:) I really like them, love them!!! I like the rustic look though my dear friend Mrs. B likes the cottage/Victorian look! Maybe I AM a "cowgal" at heart, or its just ALL these boys!!! Bethany, Anna and Hosie are like me in that sense of liking the rustic/farm/outdoorsy decorations. But on one hand I do like sparkly jewelry for myself and shiny little things for Mercy. I still have much I want to do with the room, valances for the windows, I want to get some black/white pictures of Anna's cow, Hosie's goat and put in frames, some other cowboyish stuff for the walls although there is not much wall space available. The beds are huge!! Anyway, tomorrow a picture of the beds for sure.

The guys are split into two crews today. Thats good, it means alot of working happening. They have been working late which is not too fun but they need to get the jobs done and move on to the next one and finish a job so they can get paid, like for food and stuff:) God is faithful! For almost 23 years as of next month, we have have food and clothes, what is promised and I'll have to say showered with MANY good gifts from above other than the necessities.

I know this is very generic but not much happening which I am thankful. Oct. 06 at this time we were in the middle of fevers with Joel, he had good days of play and yet he was weary on many days and we had no idea why at this time. The memories of it all is so painful, I cry still, but I "know" the love of Christ which surpass my knowledge and I seek to rest in that. Joel is always on my mind and heart. There are so many that I read about each day that are in battles of cancer, in hospitals, praying, begging the Lord's mercy on their little ones all of which would love to have a generic day like us again, so I am thankful for the hum-drum!



3 comments:

Katie said...

Cindy ~ So glad you enjoyed your "lazy" day. Those are so rare and nice to have.

Your words are always so powerful. Thank you for taking time to pour Scripture into me right now.

I am walking with you, my sweet sister in Christ.

Teena said...

Cindy, I remember this time of year first reading Joel's blog. I think of you lots.

Joel's Journey lives on in so many of us....

Praying for you.

Excited to see the pics...

Teena said...

I am not sure it was THIS time that you started Joel's blog but around this time of year...

Hugs