Friday, January 12, 2007

'Peace in the midst of the storm...'


The Lord is continuing to sustain Joel. His heartbeat is 98, his blood pressure is 96/50 and his hemoglobin was 9.5 at the last check. It is interesting to note that very seldom has his hemoglobin increased over the last two months, and yet it has done so this morning. Please pray that the Lord will nourish him and that He will show Himself strong in Joel's life.

Please pray for Cindy and the children to be protected. There is a storm system approaching Oklahoma that is expected to produce an ice storm over the next few days. We know that the Lord is in control of all these things, and we are looking to Him to get us through. We also need patience and grace as we walk through this very difficult trial. We sometimes get worn in the struggle, but the Lord has sustained us in the midst of the storm.

Psalm 103 was a blessing this morning. Here are some verses of note:

Verse 19-28 For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth; to hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death; to declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem; When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD. He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. Of old thou laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed. But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.

8 comments:

LJR said...

Prayers continue for Joel. I admire you undying love and devotion to Joel and to our Lord. I also pray the storm isn't too bad and that your travels home and to the hospital will be safe. They say this storm is going to be a pretty nasty one.


Thanks so much for keeping this blog. I have only been following Joel's story for a few days but I feel so drawn to him that I check several times a day to see if you have posted anything new

By the grace of God ... said...

I had already checked in this morning -- one of the first things I do now, prior to my prayer time with the Lord. And here I am again with tears streaming down my face -- I have to let you know that the encouragement from the scriptures and the Lord that are for YOUR FAMILY and JOEL, -- they are also for US. Thank you.
Continuing to lift Joel and your family in prayer. God is so faithful to us and I am so thankful that WE have Him to lean upon. Will pray for safety for your family as well. The storm is here in Kansas City now ... praying it will be the opposite of what they predict. Crook Family, Kansas

Unknown said...

Checking the blog each day, gives me hope that great things are still to come for Joel and his family. We keep him and each of you in our prayers each day. We will pray for the weather to weaken before it gets to OKC so that the family can continue to be both at home and with Joel at the hospital.

PT Bigz said...

I am moved by Joel's story. Our church will be in prayer.
Has your doctor or you talked about St.Jude in Memphis.

Micah said...

I have been praying for you and your family since I have heard your story on the news. I went to the website and I couldn't help but feel incredible sadness for your family. I have 3 kids and it is hard on me when they have just a stomach bug. I know the Lord is with you and yours. I also check your page 5 or 6 times a day in hopes of reading of any improvements. I will continue to check and pray for the baby and your family.

The Cole Family said...

Morris family,

You are such an encouragement to our family to see your faith as you walk through this trial. Our children run to the computer each morning to see if there is an update and instructions on how to pray that day. Thank you for taking time to post each day. We are lifting you up in prayer everyday. Let us know if there is anything we can do for your family. We read Psalm 71:20-21 and thought of Joel.

We love you,
Bob Cole family

Teena said...

I also check each day (sometimes more than once) to see an update.

I often think that I can not put my feeling into words and so many others say it so much better.

I want you to know this morning in my quiet time with the Lord I read Joel's Ps. It truly touched my heart and I thank you for sharing that.

We are praying about the storm.

Lifting Cindy, the children and you up in prayer.... and especially precious JOEL....

Last night when I came to the computer my husband said "are you going to check on Joel?" I want you to know that our family KNOWS his name. :) Continuing to lift you ALL up to the Lord~

blessings,
Teena wife to Billy 26 yrs
mom to 1/2 dozen

Theresa said...

I have been thinking of your family since I visited here last night. I will continue to pray. Continue to speak the Word over him. Read it to him... sing it to him... lay your hands on him and know that I am standing in faith with you all that our Father in heaven can use this as a testimony to all those who are involved with Joel's care and to your readers here.

Yours in Chrit,
Theresa