Friday, October 8, 2010

no more popcorn!!!!


We have lived in this house for 16 1/2 years and I have had "popcorn" for 16 and 1/2 years!!!! But NOW its gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in the living room, that is) Like the children said, " you never know what your going to wake up to as far as what mom is going to do!" I went to bed Sunday night and as I lay there I thought, "I wanna re-do the living room." So on Monday morning I gave the game plan and I think they were all in shock! we had to take down, move out, and clear the living room area! Good thing we had the new space area to put it all. The first thing was scraping the popcorn off the ceiling.......(warning- do not do this project unless you have older children who can help like major!!!) Scraping it off was absolutely the biggest mess! Next we had to prime the walls because I wanted to texture them. We also textured the ceiling. After texture, we had to prime both the walls and ceiling. We then were ready for painting. I painted the walls a cafe' color, in the brown tone and the ceiling is called firewood, it looks like "logan county red dirt," only people that live in this area know what I'm talkin bout!!! :) There is a book case on the bricks by the fireplace so we primed it and painted it black. It really looks so much better! I still have to do the doors for the book case and I am going to put a trim up around the ceiling which will be black too. So after 4 gallons of primer, 8 gallons of joint compound (texture) 3 gallons of ceiling paint and 2 gallons of wall paint and 1/2 gallon of black paint we have a newish living room! The walls are all blank now, (except for the new clock over piano) I hope to slowly get western things like I have with the other areas.

I was so blessed by Micah, Anna, Bethany and Andrew's help! They did a tremendous job!! This was one job that I could not pull off by myself! It was fun working together and the little ones all did so well to as far as being occupied while we worked! Mercy had her moments but we got through it!! :)

The guys do not know yet. They read some of my facebook status's and were all trying to figure it out and they know me all to well, and were concerned that I was removing walls!!! hehhehehe!!!! I guess I have a reputation!! So I am looking forward to their re-action tonight! I love our home and want it to a warm, inviting place where memories are made! I think one memory they will have for sure is "whats mom up to now!!" Its fun to keep things exciting around here!!! You never know what I might do......(with the Lord's help always :)

So now as my body recovers, :0, tonight we are going to our home town football game and its homecoming. That does not mean much to us, we are just going for the game but it will be a big one. The guys hope to be home a bit early. The work is going well but it almost seems like you work and work and work but it just keeps growing instead of progressing on this school. They have yet to do another wing, the gym and the cafeteria!! The Lord has brought some more workers so I think they have 9 guys working and maybe another to start in 2 weeks. Good fellowship with other Christians and also an opportunity to encourage the faint and be a light to the lost. I am thankful that our sons get to be "in the world" so to speak in a safe environment with their father to guide, admonish, counsel amongst folks that need Jesus. Witnessing and working......a good way!

We never know what tomorrow will bring. I read about a couple married a year, she found out she was preg with twins and at 21 weeks a few days ago she delivered them, the babies did not make it but she (they think) had a blood clot maybe in her lungs and caused her to loose oxygen for 17 minutes, went unconscious, they revived her, but I don't think she regained consciousness. She went to be with her babies in heaven yesterday morning. You can visit their blog here. I do not know them ,but found out through a friends blog. They live here in the OKC area. Please pray for her husband as he once again travels the grieving road and the children to loose another mother! The husband has 3 children from a previous marriage and his first wife died as well.

Hope you all have great weekend! Its definitely fall here!!












12 comments:

~Brittney said...

Wow, That's amazing! Looks great!

Mandy said...

Wow is right! What a transformation! I could never get brave enough to take down our popcorn.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!

Ms. Cindy!!!! That looks GREAT!!!

That's so neat! I love it!

Great job!!

Sarah

Lesli Westfall said...

Woo-Hoo! looks great! You are a workhorse! Are you for hire? lol :) Enjoy your new room!
Lesli

Daniel and Jaynee Lockwood and Family said...

It's beautiful! The Lord has given you much creativity, vision, and gumption (is that how you spell that?). I'm so happy for you!

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen said...

We know all too well... it is so... much work, but so... worth it! It is beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Maureen
web.me.com/boisselle

Tonya Gunn said...

Looks great and so much fun to see everyone working together.
Warm wishes, Tonya

Teena said...

WOW......... WOWOWOWOWOWOOOOOOOO

I can not believe you did that.

I need to take a class from you. I do not even paint!!!!


wow.......

I am so impressed.

Hugs,
Teena

Cheryl said...

Okay my friend, it looks great!!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

The Ahlgren Family said...

That is major! And it looks phenomenal! Can't wait to really see it!

Mountain Mama said...

You ambitious wild-thing! I LOVE the new look. Looks so warm and inviting. Way to go!!

blessings,
ashley