Monday, July 6, 2009

Where in the World ????

Where in the world are the 14 Morris people?? Can you find us??? This was the crew for the 4th party, 80 folks!!! Great time. It was a 4th party without "human" fireworks!!! There were fireworks but they were performed by the Lord!! A major storm came through that evening and we could not do fireworks, but wow the thunder and lightening itself was MAJOR!!!

The guys are working about 5 miles away, putting up fences for cattle. Dave helped them out today in drilling holes with his tractor. Kate spent the day with us. We had dinner together and then volley-ball!! I am so glad David and Kate feel completely at home at our house. I have a small list of "they feel at home when".......... 1) they just come in and do not knock. 2) Kate folds clothes that are in the chair. 3) Dave falls asleep on the couch and is he is totally out because his mouth is open. 4) As I am putting scraps in a bowl to take out, Dave says "I'll take that" and eats it out of the pan!! 5) Kate makes dessert. There's likely more but maybe I'll save those for later. Its great to be with them. I can not wait until little "mavie" gets here!! They are 20 weeks preg. and you can not hardley even tell Kate is with child.







4 comments:

eje said...

I thought the same thing about the thunderstorm July 4.
"Rain-and-thunder-works" instead of Fireworks this year!
We were at Academy and I heard the first thunder and then it was pouring sheets of rain.

That is great to have close neighbors like that!

Teena said...

Wow thats a lot of people. I know you are having a great time. I love how you share.

HUGS
Teena

j said...

Sounds like a good time!!! We went to bed because we went camping the night before and camping with 4 so young was insane and tiring!!! So we were boring :)
Jessica

Luke's Mom said...

I too love it when people feel at home in our home. My dad used to always tell my friends when they came over to visit, "The first time you come you are company, after that you are family." He would usually than go on to joke with them that they could now start helping with the dishes. I now use the same line. It would be wonderful to meet your family, I'm sure that our families would have so much fun together.

Love in Christ,
Suzi