Monday, September 24, 2012

An okie reception!

My heart was full this weekend! Why? Because ALL my children, except Joel, and my new and beautiful daughter Kristen were here, at home, on our farm!! We had an okie reception for Caleb and Kristen on Saturday at our farm! Also Kristen's parents were able to join us too!! After it was all set up, I thought it looked like a flea market! Ha! It was soooo much fun borrowing, gathering, strolling through antique stores and getting little treasures to add farm love to the theme I wanted to create for them! Andrew, made all the signs for me and I painted them, he helped me soooo much and I appreciate his diligence! Hosanna, josh and jeremiah came along side Andrew and pulled their share as well! Mercy just enjoyed the seem like pumpkin patch at "our" house!!! We cooked up close to 40 pounds of BBQ, 120 hamburger buns and 5 gallons of ranch beans, 10 giant size "family" bags of potatoe chips, 120 bottles of root beer, 64 pint jars of lemonade we made up!! For the desserts, the request from the groom was magic cookie bars and I made pans and pans of them!!! Choc crinkle cookies.....dozens!!!! Peanut butter clusters..... pounds and pounds of choc over pounds and pounds of peanuts!!! oh and about 80 little orange topped cup cakes!!! I delighted in all the work knowing it would bless the dear newlyweds!!

A day I will treasure because I know it will be rare to have everyone here in the days ahead!!!

A few country farm wedding reception photos!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! We did the same for Brooke and Adam-wedding reception and then another reception in Indy! So much fun! Congratulations to all!

Sarah said...

It looks like Micah is none-too-happy with the dog in the family photo ;)

Unknown said...

It looks like so much fun and a lot of planning! Mrs. Cindy you are so creative!!! Caleb and Kristen are going to have many babies and be happy the rest of their lives. Caleb has had very good examples nd I am sure Kristen has too just don't know them. I am so glad Kristen's mom was able to even come!!!!! God Bless y'all!!!!

janicerichard04 said...

Wow, wow and wow again! It sure looked to be tons of fun (and tons of work!). Good on you Ms. Morris for always outdoing yourself. You are soon going to have to get a wider, wide angle lens to fit ALL the family in your great family photos. May God bless you and yours!
~ The New Brunswickers ~

Teena said...

Beautiful pic! Love it. You always do a great job....

Hugs

sarahdodson said...

nice decorating!! looks so good!