Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines is not over!!

Hope you all had a fun Valentines Day!! I am enjoying the wonderful Valentines gifts Terry got me, the double oven and the new dryer (our other one croaked!) I have no idea why anyone would do it, but where our washer and dryer are in the laundry room, they designed the appliances to sit down below the height of the floor, so yesterday Terry filled that space up with concrete and now the washer/dryer are at floor level! Small things like that make my day!! Plus I don't have to bend over as far!! Yay!!

Valentines is not over around here!! Getting ready for our 3rd annual Couples Valentine dinner in our home! We have 10 couples coming plus us, so 32 people!!!! In the 3 years of doing this little "date" night for couples we have been able to bless 40+ people with a night together and dinner!! It is a lot of work, but something I enjoy doing, decorating and getting it ready!! And the good thing is, I dont have to purchase much now since I have been gathering stuff over the last several years!!

If you prayed for my special friend, keep praying! I know so many people interceded on our behalf and I what to be able to do what blessed us so much..... prayer!!!! God is not a God of chance or coincidence!! He is a God of divine appointments!! This morning as I sat in my room, looking for a scripture to text my friend for the challenges she would face today, I looked at many but I finally decided to send this one;

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned ; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. 3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour... Is 43

I pasted and sent it through a text and it wasn't long til my friend text me back and shared how grateful she was to receive the same verse from another friend, how God had put the same verse on two different hearts to share with her today! That is NOT coincidence!! It's called Providence! I was blessed today to think about how I was used in a very small way to share in the "workings" of His Spirit as he prompts and works in lives! May each of us be sensitive to "hear" and do!! I need to do it more often!!!

Well, all seems good on the homefromt!! Thankful for blessings, food, a place to call home and then all the wonderful things that make our lives easy.... conveniences!

Happy Thursday!!!

I see sunshine...... yay!!!

Anna got me some chocolates from the coffee shop she works at.... the real stuff!!! Hosie, Mercy and Jeremiah made cupcakes yesterday!!! Like ALoT.... 40!!!!! Haha!!!


Cindy


1 comment:

Teena said...

Beautiful!

Praying for your friends!

Hugs,
Teena