Friday, February 17, 2012

Couples Valentine Dinner party!

We hosted our 3rd Annual Couples Valentine Dinner again this year! I started this 3 years ago as a way to use the space in the new kitchen area God has blessed us with and to give different couples each year to go on a date!!! It has been alot of fun to see as the years go by, the different people that God allows us to meet and fellowship with!! This year some of the most dear and wonderful folks came, our church family!!!! We have grown so in love with these folks! We love our church, the church are the people!

Soooo all these folks got to be "guinea pigs"!!! A new recipe was tried out on them and they said they liked it!! I found it in pinterest! It is called Spinach Lasagna Rollups! I did the noodle part just like it says bit added 3 to one feta when it called for mozzarella and also we used Anna's homemade spaghetti sauce for the marinara instead of their recipe! Bethany made the breadsticks and I used Kristen's grama's recipe for the salad dressing! I made three cheesecakes, Turtle Cheesecake, Cherry Cheescake and the most delicious cheesecake in the history of cheesecake eating, the Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake! (I made this before and posted the recipe somewhere) I also found the little heart cakes in a book, "Sweetheart Cakes!" and of course Sugar Cookies! Way too much dessert!

I like to blog from my phone but the only hindrance is I can't upload the photos in order, soooo you will have to look over that!! It bugs me but it's just easier to do it from my phone!!

Please pray for my friend I have mentioned! Huge challenges ahead!! Hopefully soon I can share more and you can pray more specifically! Please, please pray!!

Today... getting all the party stuff put away, birthday shopping with my hero, Jeremiah Morris!! This kid is amazing!!!

Have a great weekend!! I love you all!!

Cindy

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! Everything looks delicious! Have shared the marinara recipe before? Hint, hint. ;)

Leslie Shepherd said...

SOOOO FUN!!!

Alicia said...

Wow! What an amazing dinner, and what an amazing blessing you are to those couples.

Paige said...

Looks awesome Mrs. Morris you have an amazing imagination.Very pretty!

Vanderpolclan said...

Cindy, you amaze me at how creative you are. What a lovely way to bless others. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy

Teena said...

beautiful!


Hugs,
Teena

janicerichard04 said...

Oh my goodness this post left me craving sugar! Everything looks so beautiful! It reminded me of a comment my son made when he was a wee one at my sister's house, "Look mom all the plates match!" It's something he never saw at our house as no 2 plates match in our home but .... all our plates have a story! ha! Any chance of sharing the "Spinach Lasagna Rollups" recipe? They look so good!
The New Brunswickers!