Wednesday, February 2, 2011
pioneer woman recipe! (from her book)
Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls: (from her cookbook)
1 quart whole milk
1 cup veg. oil
4 1/2 tsp yeast
9 c. all purpose flour
1 heaping tsp baking powder
1 scant tsp baking soda
1 Tbl salt
2 c. melted butter (more if needed)
1/4 c. ground cin.
2 c. sugar, (more if needed)
Maple sugar icing: ( we just use a powdered sugar icing, milk, butter, van. pdw sugar...thick consistency)
this is the maple icing:
2 pounds powdered sugar
6 Tbl butter melted
1/4 c. strong brewed coffee
dash of salt
1 Tbl maple flavoring
1. for dough, heat milk, veg oil and sugar on stove med saucepan. Do not allow to boil. set aside and cool lukewarm
2. sprinkle yeast on top, let sit on milk for 1 min.
3. add 8 c. flour, stir until just combined, cover with clean towel, let sit in warm place for an hour
4. remove towel and add baking pdw, soda, salt and remaining one cup flour, stir thoroughly til combined. use dough right away, or refrig for up to three days, punching down dough if rises in bowl
5. to assemble rolls, remove half of dough, on floured surface, roll into 30x10 inches
6. spread teh melted butter over rolled out dough
7. Generously sprinkle sugar/cin. mixture
8. roll the rectangle up jelly roll style pinching seam together
9. you will end up with a long buttery, gooey log!! :)
10. make 1 1/2 slices, pour couple Tbl of butter into desired baking dish, place sliced rolls in dish.
11. let rise 20 min. bake in pre heated oven 350 for 17 min or until golden brown
12. ice rolls when warm, and then eat, AND get some coffee to go with them!!!!!
Anna made these yesterday, and recipe was requested so here it is!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!