Monday, August 6, 2007

Remembering Last Year...







Remember all the cowboy hat pictures of Joel and Josiah? Last year August 5th was when they got their first hats. Joel called his, "his cow hat." By their birthday in September they began to look all worn. We got our money's worth! Memories....I guess being the Mom, all the dates are remembered. I hope the Lord has a big supply of bottles for all my tears. I want to become like David, "Thou didst fast and weep for the child while it was alive, but when the child was dead thou didst arise up and eat bread." He answered. "While the child was yet alive I fasted and wept: for I said who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." I seem to be as Rachel, "in Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation and weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and would not be comforted, because they are not." By faith in God's time and grace I suppose my heart shall move forward. Just pray!

Farm news...the Boer goat herd has expanded. Bethany, Terry and some of the other children went to a goat sale in Stillwater. Four different breeders had put together some really nice goats. They were able to get a buck and four does. Very nice stock with great bloodlines. These are show quality so Bethany, Andrew and we'll see who else plan on possibly showing these at a Tulsa show and one in Ada. So if it all works out we might be "on the road!"

Josiah still has sweet talks of "Balley." He was getting a bath one night and he said "Balley always sat in the front." I told him I hoped he would always remember him, and asked him if he would. He said "yes he would." I'm always trying to see Joel beside him and wonder what it would be like now 6 months later. It is amazing how much "Siah" has grown. I put his little hand and foot on Joel's imprint they did at the hospital on the 23rd. Josiah has sure "sprouted."

I've got to get motivated to figure out our school plans for the year. Last year we started out well and even had school when Joel had his fevers in October, we had no idea there was a problem. By November school was out and we were dealing with the situation. So, I really need to make up for lost time. Joel's little school folder with his little project is still there! I must go forward for the sake of the other children, Just pray!

I pray your ears don't get tired of my sorrow...my Mommy heart is still struggling. I know there is hope...I read in Revalation 1:18 "I am he that liveth and was dead, and behold I am alive for evermore amen and have the keys of hell and death."

Blessings to everyone,

~Cindy

3 comments:

Christine said...

What precious pictures! Thank you for sharing your heart; continued prayers on your behalf.

The Lockwood Family ♥ said...

I love hearing your stories, sorrows, and just your heart. I check here regularly and pray for you daily. Keep giving all your cares to the One who careth for you!

McDreamy said...

our ears are not tired of your sorrow, cindy. not by far. i check often to see the new posts and pray for you frequently. reading your heart allows others to bless you and to be blessed by you. i know you know these things, but it may be the time to hear it. i'm still praying that He will bind your wounds and mend your heart.

we love you,
matt and suzanne parker