Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall

I have to say Fall is not my favorite season. I'm 100% Summer gal. I don't mind the colorful foliage and the crispness to the air but there are hard memories and situations that Fall has brought and IS bringing forth at this time. Fall is when Joel became sick. October 2006 was filled with fevers and concerns and then it only went downhill from there. Hard memories. I still have to fling myself upon his mercy and rummage through all the emotions to find the solid rock that plans and purposes were planned and puroposed for our good and his glory. I miss all the what ifs and the could have beens. And then just last Fall, Daniel was in the depth of depression. I was so afraid. I don't know what was worse having a child die, yet alive OR having a child alive, yet in one sense dead. But God who is rich in mercy worked the dispair out of Daniels life and heart. And now here it is Fall again, and the situation with my dad and Shirley. She is still only able to say a few words. My dad plans to bring her home from the nursing home this week. There will be people coming and going each week to do therapy and
assist her with her speech therapy. My heart is so heavy as he and Shirley walk this new path. So Fall and I are not best friends. Thank you for praying for any and all of these situations. 

Enjoying the sweetness of my grandson. Somehow babies help us to not see all the bad but they bring newness and hope to our weary hearts.

2 comments:

Teena said...

praying for you.... I remember and I know... although I have not walked in your shoes. You are on my mind and in my heart. Praying for God to give you peace as you remember the moments, memories and hard hard time. I haven't forgotten.... I think of you so often and I think about Joel. You are such an encouragement to me (and so many) so we are holding up your arms.... hang in there... kiss sweet Rowdy for me! He is so very precious.

Love you,
Teena

Nance said...

'like'. True. So True. Grandbabies bring us hope. Look up . . . and look forward. Faith and hope to you and yours.