Monday, September 9, 2013

still praying....

My step mother Shirley still needs a lot if prayer and my dad. She has been moved to a rehab facility and my dad is now able to stay at home and visit her during the designated hours. Shirley is still not speaking and if she does/can it is very minimal. A very tough situation. I ask my dad what the Dr. thinks the future holds as far as recovery and he said only time will tell how much of the brain will recover and it has a lot to do with her will, and desire. She doesn't have an appetite either. She has to have assistance with moving to a chair or even taking a few steps. It's just so hard to hear that there has not been much progress and knowing that the communication is limited. Can you imagine? My dad is being so brave and trying to trust The Lord but it's definitely a challenge. Their lives have been altered. Their routines have been changed. Their mornings and evenings and afternoons are different now. Please as you think about it, pray God would restore Shirley's brain, speech and heal her brain. Pray for Shirley's spirit. It is down and depressed. Pray she gets initiative and desire and a will to press on. Basically she has to start all over, as if a baby/child learning to speak again. 

Thank you for thinking and praying. She is a dear woman. I just look around my house and remember their visits and how Shirley loved to watch me cook and we would talk and talk over "dinner cooking!" She enjoyed visiting with the kids and hearing all their stories.

May The Lord hear our pleas..... 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for y'all

Teena said...

praying for Shirley! Praying for your dad too. Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how she was...

My mom had a stroke in 1998 when she was 76. It was a long process but she did fully recover. She did have to learn to walk again... she was very down at first... praying God gives Shirley the strength and drive to want to fight....

love you.

sarah b said...

praying! I know how hard this must be for you.

Rebecca said...

Praying for her and your family!