Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year


I don't know if Joel would call homemade pizza, chili, seeing how many books he can get his family to read him, and how many times he can ride along with his brothers to Tractor Supply a New Year's Resolution...but at least it will be easy for me to plan the menu!


Joel has had about 4 very happy days. He has ate well and played and walked around almost like normal. He's a little wobbly and he's only been knocked over under a whole hand!


This week his hair was shedding so fast, all that was left was a mohawk on top, so I put him on a stool in the garage and popped a few chocolate chips in his mouth and buzzed that off. Our fellows have had buzzes through the summer, so it is not really too big a change for him. He rubbed his head and said, "Mom shaved it off".


On Tuesday we'll head back for the counts to be checked, and if all is in range, we should be admitted on Wednesday for his 2nd round of chemo. I've tried to talk a little about going back to the hospital and he doesn't seem too happy about that - so please pray that he would have a peaceful attitude and feel comfort that Terry and I will be with him!


Psalm 90:12 says, "Teach us so to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom". We really only have today. We have no guarantee of tomorrow, and how vital it is that we cherish each moment that we have with our children. How important it is that we apply our hearts to wisdom in serving the Lord Jesus and loving our families and those around us. Our prayer is that the Lord will be glorified in the midst of this crisis in our lives, and that His truth will go forth from our lives. Once again, Happy New Year.....


2 comments:

Teena said...

Happy New Year~ just stopping by to check on Joel. :) I love the pics! I am praying for all of you and for his counts on Tuesday. Our Wes is 3 so I think of him with a hospital stay and I am praying that Joel is comforted and content... KNOWING that you and your dh are with him. I am praying for the other siblings at home... being a mama it is so hard leaving the ones at home while staying with another one in the hospital. Although I have not walked your path I have spent time with one of mine in the hospital while the others were at home~ so I know how that pulls on your heart. I am praying for you Cindy and lifting you up to the Lord...

I thank you for sharing your needs, prayer requests and a peek into your family with us and how we can pray for Joel.

May God continue to touch Joel and heal him.

will be back~ Oh Jen said you would not know her my Jen but by Jennifer and she is good friends with Laura Boyd. I think I have it right now (blush)~ also Jen (Jennifer) is on a board I am on for large families.

Continuing to pray~
blessings,
Teena
mom to 1/2 dozen~

Teena said...

Also forgot to say~ I am praying for Josiah too as I am sure it is tough on him with his twin brother, buddy and play partner sick. Our Wes is 3 and our Wyatt is 4 (17 months apart) and they are big buddies. I hope it is ok to share all this and to let you know you are on my heart.

blessings,
Teena mom to 1/2 dozen